Marl International Limited has been leading LED Technology to provide innovative, attractive, functional, and cost effective solutions for more than 40 years. Based at Marl Business Park in the South Lakes and acknowledged as one of the best blue chip companies, offering existing long-term career opportunities and recognised internationally as one of the most innovative producers of high performance, high quality optoelectronic components.
Project Bid Engineer
Marl has successfully secured 2 major blue chip defence/transport contracts. With a large scale ramp up required, a Project Bid Engineer is required for an immediate start during December 2017, or early January 2018. Technically competent and commercially aware, the role will require working with a small yet focused bid team.
Ideally qualified with a degree in an Engineering discipline, (Mechatronics with some appreciation of Optics would be ideal, but not essential), with some experience of bidding, or technical delivery of design and manufacturing electrical, or electronic subsystems, with ability of Solidworks, Excel, Microsoft Project, and Office software.
Contract duration is by negotiation, is expected to be in the range of 1 to 6 months, but could be extended to contribute to the bidding and on-going negotiation phases, in line with substantial and complex customer specifications.
If you wish to apply for this contract position please send a covering letter and your CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Machine Setter / Operator
Marl are in the process of recruiting an experienced Machine Setter/Operator to join our Team.
Skills & Abilities:
- General Machining – Milling, Turning and Drilling Experience
- CNC experience an advantage but training will be given to the right candidate
- Ability to read Engineering Drawings
- Routine maintenance of Machine Tools
- Basic electrical knowledge an advantage but not essential
- Involvement in the manufacture of prototype components in support of the Design Team
- Maintenance, repair and manufacture of jigs and fixtures for the Production Team
- Manufacture of volume components for Production
- Low volume development projects within Marls well equipped Machine Shop
Working Hours: To be confirmed at interview
If you would like to apply for this position please send an email with supporting letter and CV to:
Marl International Limited
Marl Business Park
Ulverston Cumbria LA12 9BN
Closing Date : Friday 12 January 2018
Marl International is an equal opportunities employer; we value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds