Marl International Limited has been leading LED Technology to provide innovative, attractive, functional, and cost effective solutions for more than 40 years. Based at Marl Business Park in the South Lakes and acknowledged as one of the best blue chip companies, offering existing long-term career opportunities and recognised internationally as one of the most innovative producers of high performance, high quality optoelectronic components.
We are always interested to hear from anyone who believes they have something to offer to Marl, email your CV with an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Production Engineer (Ref 0014/08)
We are in the process of expanding our Production Team and have a vacancy for an experienced Production Engineer.
This is an excellent job opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic Production Engineer to join a well-established multidisciplinary Team. The successful candidate should be able to learn at a fast pace as well as apply previous knowledge in a similar role with a flair for being organised and with good administration skills. Previous experience is desirable but not essential.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and actively promote Company policy, standards and strategy
- Operate as a member of the Marl Team
- Sustain and improve upon overall Company and specific Departmental targets as defined by Company strategy.
- Good communication, organisation and administration skills a must
- Creation and maintenance of part numbers, bill of materials and costing using company MRP system
- Creation and maintenance of assembly instructions
- Seek operational improvements to quality and efficiency using Lean principles
- Design of Production equipment, jigs etc.
- Component sourcing
- First article inspections
- Working with Design to facilitate the introduction of new products
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade C and above to include English, Math’s, IT and a Science subject.
- Electrical/Electronics’ experience an advantage
- Experience of MRP Systems
Working Hours: 08:00 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday 08:00-13:00 Friday
If you would like to apply for this position please send an email with supporting letter and CV to:
Marl International Limited
Marl Business Park
Ulverston Cumbria LA12 9BN
Closing Date : Friday 2 March 2018
Senior Electronics Design Engineer (Ref 3/17/7)
We are in the process of expanding our Design Team and have a vacancy for a Senior Electronic Design Engineer.
This is an excellent job opportunity for an experienced Electronics Engineer to join a well-established multidisciplinary Design Department. The successful candidate should be able to apply a wealth of previous knowledge to the role as well as offer peer to peer guidance and support where appropriate. The successful candidate will project manage and have responsibility for the design and development of predominantly complex Electrical / Electronic Products and Systems with some Mechanical / Optical Design cross-over.
- Advanced Level Electronic Design, covering:
- Schematic Capture
- Multi-Layer PCB Design & Layout
- Embedded Software Development (C/C++)
- Design for Manufacture
- Achieve EMI/EMC Compliance through PCB Layout best practice
- Direct customer support, liaison & Technical Specification Documentation creation
- Management & on-time / on-budget delivery of projects
- Environmental Testing of New Products / Test House Support
- Component Specifying and BOM Creation
- Support existing products ranges
- Dealing with design changes, cost reduction and obsolescence
- Researching new design techniques and methodologies
- Introduce new technologies to maintain a competitive advantage
- Advance and upgrade products and systems
- Sign-off of Technical Construction Files to ensure they meet Legislative and Technical Requirements
Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience as an Electronics Engineer (required)
- A good relevant Degree minimum BSc/BEng 2:2 or equivalent (required)
- Proficient English verbal & written communication (required)
- Experienced high level user of 3D MCAD / ECAD software (required)
- Experienced user of Solidworks / Altium Designer (advantageous)
- Ability to work solo and as part of a team to ensure departmental objectives are achieved (required)
- Willingness to Travel (required)
- Full Driving License (advantageous)
Working Hours: To be confirmed at interview
If you would like to apply for this position please send an email with supporting letter and CV quoting reference 3/17/7 to:-
Start Date: ASAP
Marl International is an equal opportunities employer; we value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds